Tyr's Handful » Tyr's Handful » Legion

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Fayne New Messages 1 2
Archeon

2005-10-17 10:25:08  -  Re: Legion
Hmmm... well I read through the Email again, i'm a little fuzzy on what the 'trail' would be - but i'm assuming it would go on an individual basis, not something i'm too heavily worried about - but a little clarification would be nice. This'll hurt my ego, but I know very little about the 'high-end' instances aside from that's where epix come from (probably nothing I can't cure with a little 'light' reading, but you get the idea)

I think probably the biggest concern everyone has is how regularly, or irregularly reserver raiders are called up? Again, i'd guessing if they have to turn down regular's - that gives me the impression they don't get called up too often (though like it was mentioned, if there is a possibility of a second raid - then likleyhood of joining afore mentioned 2nd raids is likely to be higher).

I suppose it depends on how you look at it, on the one hand there's Tyr's a guild which will more likley than not never have enough members to run it's own 'in-house' 40-man raids - on the other, we can (assuming they 'let us in') join Legion and have an XXX chance of joining raids...

Well, I guess i'll just go back to my original post on this - my preference would be to give it a shot, if it falls through then there are always other possibilities (raiding 'alliances' with other small/med size guilds for example), getting in on the ground level when new 'raiding guilds' are setup (it seems like their five for a penny these days), or just starting up Pickup MC raids ourselves... i'd imagine it would be possibile, if admittedly more difficult than a GG raid.
Edited by Archeon on 2005-10-17 10:26:55
Oskorei

2005-10-17 14:23:10  -  Re: Legion
The trial consists of attending a raid twice, and the class officer decides with the other officers if you're suited and not a total moron - this should be fine for all of you and no need to worry here.

The thing Smackanax means is: in Legion are atm, alot of: druids and mages, these classes will have a hard time attending raids: old legion members will have access to raids sooner than you. If there is a spot free however, you're more than welcome to join. Other fairly crowded classes are: warrior and rogue, I think.

Often there are a couple of spots free before we start raiding. For all you Druids out there it will be hardest to get a spot (sorry Sape), followed by Mages, as explained. The other classes mostly should be able to get a spot, if they turn up on time ofcourse. (It is recommended to log in 30 minutes before a raid starts, and most of all: already be at the place where we are planning to raid, so if we would go MC, we meet at BRM at the entrance to MC).

Oskorei, 60 druid (Legion)
Fossegrim, 47 paladin
Wonderwoman, 22 Shaman
Kowarpoak, 10 warlock
Kiba, 11 hunter
Mazzie, 15 mage
Thirza, 10 rogue...and then some...but I forgot :P
Sape

2005-10-26 16:33:37  -  Re: Legion
"For all you Druids out there it will be hardest to get a spot (sorry Sape)"
I won't join Legion anyway, since I (temporary) stopped my wow subscription. My sabbatical will start at 30 october or something, so there is no use joining another guild atm ;)
Oh and I'll be back :p
Oskorei

2005-12-02 00:22:14  -  Re: Legion
Ganav's post on TH in the Legion member's chat. (don't tell them I reposted it here, they'll have my nuts)

Greetings all,

TH's application was discussed by the officers, and we have decided to accept them for trial.

They will be joining us in a 'partial raiding' capacity. What this means is that if there is a spot open in a raid at the starting time, we will wait a further 5-10 minutes to see if anyone shows up before we fill the spot with one of the new TH's recruits.

As time goes by, those of them that raid a bit more are likely to get more regular spots, just as all of our regular raiders do.

They also happen to have characters of classes which we're usually not full on, and are especially useful for BWL - so we foresee no real problems here.

/Ganav

Oskorei, 60 druid (Legion)
Fossegrim, 47 paladin
Wonderwoman, 22 Shaman
Kowarpoak, 10 warlock
Kiba, 11 hunter
Mazzie, 15 mage
Thirza, 10 rogue...and then some...but I forgot :P
Tiste

2006-01-04 08:25:02  -  Re: Legion
LoL @ disentigrading the guild in favor of PvE raiding, i really like the guild spirit going on.... LOL

Ahh well, to any who cares at all
<--- on Glas/classic chars are tiste and remiel , the ones i'm playing the most anyhow, i know arch said he would pop by at least so =/
Jere me and daniel are there, so pop by and say hi if u have the time.
Guild we are running in is Ve Vár incase none of us is online , ahh well hf and i hope u get one of those free raid spots if they ever turn up ....

bad attempt at a post that is readable , i know i suck
Fayne

2006-01-04 12:25:12  -  Re: Legion
We got surprised alot when joining Legion, Tiste.

As it looks, we are often in the big raids, so we can´t complain.
I even talked with a few, and people don´t mind it as some like the idea of getting a small break while we get equipped or learn about the instances.

I don´t see a problem in abandoing our old guild, in favor for trying out the bigger instance since most of us wanted to try.
It was a pity to leave it, but the atmosphere in Legion is just as nice, and any "spam" unwanted in Legion chat we take to our own channel ^^
Gharn 60 Rogue ~ Slithice 3x Druid
Sanzor 60 Paladin ~ Thavall 3x Mage
Tiste

2006-01-09 11:33:56  -  Re: Legion
i guess i guess , ahh well i got jere back over on classic server so if anyone happens to pass by we are called Ve Vár=D i really think u should try it out , classic server is kewl i think alot of peeps might like it , ahh well i might pop on from time to time , but dont really think so =P

have fun =)
1 2