Tyr's Handful » Tyr's Handful » Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Archeon New Messages 1 2
Archeon

2005-10-13 14:54:13  -  Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
It finally happened, nearly a year and a half after a tragic processor accident (in which my processor’s fan fell onto it...) my Graphic's Card has finally given out *sob*

This would of course happen on a patch day, so no crazy 1.8 Soul Link adventures for me... In light of the fact that my PC was getting on anyway (a lot of the stuff I salvaged from the one before that, and a lot of it was 'budget') I’ve gone and ordered a new shiny beastie I shall call 'Myrtle' (given that it’s apparently coming all the way from Ireland O_o) which won't arrive for at least a week :/

At the same time, I’ve taken my PC (Plus melty graphics card) down to the local shop to get it fixed to use as a spare/sell it on Ebay/don’t know yet, but that's kind of a moot point as I’m just getting a cheap + crappy graphics card put in, so I’m not even sure it'll play WoW/WC3 anymore even though it’s coming back much sooner than Myrtle.

So at best you'll only be Archeon-Cold-Turkey for two-three days... at worst, until the end of November.
Until such time as I return I leave Kindar in charge of all Zaniness, Shan you will be expected to harass Gama, Thor I entrust with holding his breath until I return, and Gama as I suddenly have a lot of free time expect me to redouble my efforts in hunting you down :P

I will expect written progress reports on my desk within two hours of my return, after which there will be a parade in Myrtle’s honour, and after dinner orange-squash and Jelly-Tot’s for those who haven’t quit WoW in disgust.

Peace Out Foo’s ;)
Gama

2005-10-13 20:28:01  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Ireland... you got an alienware? :P
Fayne

2005-10-13 20:33:26  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Mleh..kinda annoying when your PC just take the turn and puts the shoes in the corner.
I really need to get a new computer aswell, even thou my own don´t have any malfunctions or never had. Its quite stabile, but its getting slow.
1800+ AMD ain´t quite fast today, and I can feel it alot in WoW. Pretty much forced to play with all graphics on low etc..

Oh well, somewhere around the start of next year, I can prolly get a new. Bank account ain´t too healthy atm, since I didn´t get the bit of payment for last month, but getting it with next payment.

@ topic
Thorarin failed to hold his breath while he was LFG to UBRS in IF. I had to log my Priest and rezz him...stop forcing the poor dorf to such cruel things!

Gama is rather paranoid, hiding in corners and dating IF guards for some unknown reason. I blame Shaniah for messing with her head. Guess she couldn´t take the harassing.

And all of the Zaniness has been taken cared off :-P
Gharn 60 Rogue ~ Slithice 3x Druid
Sanzor 60 Paladin ~ Thavall 3x Mage
Archeon

2005-10-14 07:05:08  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Gama wrote:
"Ireland... you got an alienware? :P"

I was weak, i'd just lost Norris and I needed companionship (that, and when you can get your mum to claim the VAT back it takes one hell of a sting off the final price :D)

And good to know that we at least have the zaniness :)
Gama

2005-10-14 15:56:53  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
yey nice, what colour did you get?

(anything other than uber-green justifies the title of Gimp for a month)
Tilly

2005-10-14 16:00:37  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Not building your own pc justifies the title of Gimp for a month >:)
Archeon

2005-10-14 17:38:51  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Tilly wrote:
"Not building your own pc justifies the title of Gimp for a month >:)"

I did consider it, but all things considered it didn't work out that much cheaper - and self-made systems don't come with a warrenty, you know what a warrenty is right? It means if anything breaks I don't have to pay for it, something which is liable to happen when you get me trying to impatiently mash together a PC ;P

As for colour, i'm going Silver with the Blue cooling system. Partly because it matches my room, partly because it's the same colour as my screen/keyboard/mouse, but mostly because the 'Uber-Green' looks like they get several homeless guys to wipe the contents of their noses all over the damn case! >_<
Gama

2005-10-14 21:08:50  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
mm, aggree with zlut, you should have build it yourself, and put on watercooling... and made a little water feature and...

wait? warantee? you paid for extra warantee? gmip! :P
Archeon

2005-10-15 07:12:00  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Gama wrote:
"wait? warantee? you paid for extra warantee? gmip! :P"

I paid for two years, rather than the one. The way I see it with the spec I got I won't want to put anything new in for at least that amount of time, and if something does get broken it means I can send it off to somebody that knows what their doing and get it repaired for free, as oppose to having to spend more cash buying replacement parts myself.

Norris was my 'home-grown' experiment, and while he worked to an acceptable degree he was very much like his Corination Street counterpart. A pain in the ass! ;P
Gama

2005-10-15 08:15:13  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
aww well, what errm, phase are they up to in the buildy bit? :P
Archeon

2005-10-15 12:13:00  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Alienware wrote:
"Phase 3: (Payment Received)
Payment has been received and the order is now in queue for production."

As of Friday afternoon, they've taken my money and left my order to sit over the weekend. I feel so valued as a customer >_<
Fayne

2005-10-15 13:50:16  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
...Buy PCs in Denmark, and warranty is free on most products you buy. I think 3 years is minumum.

I builded my own PC aswell, and nothing been wrong with it since then. Its nice, cause if something turns wrong when it starts up, your most likely to know what is the failure.

However, some companies are rather fast with fixing bought PCs here. So..to build or not to build? Thats the question :-P
Gharn 60 Rogue ~ Slithice 3x Druid
Sanzor 60 Paladin ~ Thavall 3x Mage
Thorarin

2005-10-15 13:56:42  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
<begins to turn slightly blue again>
GM and Webmaster of Tyr's Handful
Gama

2005-10-15 19:08:27  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Conspiracy Blue? :X

(oh, did you just add teh Topic Review thing? :X is that why the forums == down for a sec? :P)
Tilly

2005-10-16 12:53:07  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
You paid for two years of warranty? O_o

Companies are obliged by some European law to give you two years of warranty on a product. Same goes for a pc you built yourself, you get warranty on the parts.

Edit: here's a link to the law
http://europa.eu.int/scadplus/leg/en/lvb/l32022.htm

Some gimp with too much time on his hands wrote:
"The seller is liable to the consumer for any lack of conformity which exists when the goods are delivered to the consumer and which becomes apparent within a period of two years unless, at the moment of conclusion of the contract of sale, the consumer knew or could not reasonably be unaware of the lack of conformity."
Edited by Tilly on 2005-10-16 12:58:53
Gama

2005-10-16 15:45:39  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
conformity != breakage/falingheatsink/toast tho? :X
Archeon

2005-10-17 10:30:57  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Bah,

Well if you hadn't noticed by now Norris MkII is up and running, WoW runs reasonably well on it - so I can only assume the same goes for WC3, my order seems to have dropped off the face of the map this morning, so i'm going to go and assume they're moving it on to Phase 4 (whatever that is) - otherwise i'm going to have a few choice words with the Customer Sales Rep, i've always wanted to know if I can out-swear an Irishman :D
Archeon

2005-10-28 12:41:52  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Alienware.co.uk wrote:
"
Phase 5: (Production: Assembly & Integration)
Your system is being hand-built by an Alienware® Assembly Technician. Alienware takes great pride in building our systems, as our motto reflects, "build it as if it were your own." The assembly stage can take some time as all the cabling in the machine is carefully installed for greater upgrade flexibility and thermal airflows. Every assembly technician has been trained and qualified to Alienware Standards. We pride ourselves on giving you a high performance computer system!"

Made me laugh, it's Friday now so even if they ship it today I probably won't get it 'till Monday :/

Yet another weekend of low-quality, slow ass FPS laggy WoW... and it's Double Rep/HP in Alterac Valley this weekend. *Sob*
Gama

2005-10-28 18:52:43  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
erm, theres ~14 phases, dear ;P
Archeon

2005-10-29 00:26:40  -  Re: Teh Arkeeon PeeSee Arr Melteh!! O_O
Gama wrote:
"erm, theres ~14 phases, dear ;P"

Yeah, I know that sweetheart. But like I explained, it's still a lot better than Phase we've-taken-your-money-your-now-in-a-queue 3 :)
1 2