Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Fayne New Messages  
Fayne

2005-10-13 20:52:49  -  Talent Build on Fayne
--------------------------------
Discipline Talents (18 points)
Silent Resolve - 5/5 points
Reduces the threat generated by your damage spells by 20%.

Improved Power Word: Shield - 3/3 points
Reduces the duration of your Power Word: Shield's Weakened Soul effect by 15 seconds.

Improved Power Word: Fortitude - 2/2 points
Increases the effect of your Power Word: Fortitude and Prayer of Fortitude spells by 30%.

Martyrdom - 2/2 points
Gives you a 100% chance to gain the Focused Casting effect that lasts for 6 seconds after being the victim of a critical strike. The Focused Casting effect prevents you from losing casting time when taking damage.

Focused Casting - 1/1 point
While active, you no longer lose casting time from taking damage. Lasts 8 seconds.

Mental Agility - 2/5 points
Reduces the mana cost of your instant cast spells by 4%.

Improved Inner Fire - 3/3 points
Increases the effects of your Inner Fire spell by 45%.
The "MUST" have tree imo. Imp Fortitude buff is both helpful for Pve and Pvp. About the same with Shield, being able to spam the shield on casters using "Channeled" spells is pwnful, or when you need that little extra edge to save the tank in time.

Matyrdom and Focused Casting is 100% PvP and duel talents. VERY useful against rogues, or when your casting Holy Fire. As you get constantly critted by rogues, or other melees..your pretty much safe from interuptions, except stuns etc.

Inner Fire for the extra tankage. Yes, we do wear cloth and anything that hit us...make us cry. I get about 1.3k extra armor with IF active, so the absorb is decent. Good for PvE when aggro fails on warrior and your Fade ain´t up. PvP wise its hard to predict, but luckily it don´t cost much, so easy to have active most of the time.

Holy Talents (11 points)

Holy Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases the critical effect chance of your Holy spells by 5%.

Spiritual Healing - 5/5 points
Increases the amount healed by your healing spells by 10%.

Holy Fire - 1/1 point
Consumes the enemy in flames that cause 95 to 119 Fire damage and an additional 35 Fire damage over 10 seconds.
A few talents to get the best out of my heals. Reason I have crit talent instead of Imp Renew talent, is due to using smite, HF and heals being affected by the crit rate.

The point in Holy Fire is not crucial, but usefull in PvP or duels. Its always nice with another type of damage, if your current target is resistant to Shadow.
HF is also a very good opener spell when soloing.

Shadow Talents (22 points)

Spirit Tap - 5/5 points
Gives you a 100% chance to gain a 100% bonus to your Spirit after killing a target. For the duration, your Mana may regenerate at a 50% rate while casting. Lasts 15 seconds.

Blackout - 5/5 points
Gives your Shadow damage spells a 10% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

Improved Shadow Word: Pain - 2/2 points
Increases the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain spell by 6 seconds.

Mind Flay - 1/1 point
Assault the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing 75 damage over 3 seconds and slowing the target to 50% of their movement speed.

Improved Psychic Scream - 2/2 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Scream spell by 4 seconds.

Improved Fade - 2/2 points
Increases the duration of your Fade ability by 10 seconds.

Shadow Reach - 3/3 points
Increases the range of your Shadow damage spells by 20%.

Vampiric Embrace - 1/1 point
Afflicts your target with Shadow energy that causes all party members to be healed for 20% of any Shadow damage you deal for 1 minute.

Silence - 1/1 point
Silence the target, preventing them from casting spells for 5 seconds.
Somewhat heavy shadow considering I´m not PvPing, but it has alot of utility.
Spirit Tap helps alot if you can get a kill in instances, or when your soloing.
Mind Flay for taking down or preventing runners from getting anywhere.
Imp Fade is DAMN nice..it has saved me several times where I was able to spam my heals 10s longer than any other "normal" priest.
Silence for PvP, but also nice vs caster mobs in instances that don´t get CCed and can cause some extreme damage (Battlemages, Shadowcasters, etc)
Vampiric Embrace ain´t really needed, but its funny to pop a Pain Word on a mob while healing. It dosen´t kick in much, but with your crit rate it can be decent.

Hope this was helpful :-)
Gharn 60 Rogue ~ Slithice 3x Druid
Sanzor 60 Paladin ~ Thavall 3x Mage