Tyr's Handful » Tyr's Handful » Real site?

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Oskorei New Messages  
Oskorei

2005-02-23 16:25:37  -  Real site?
We gonna get a real Tyr's Handful site?

Oskorei, 60 druid (Legion)
Fossegrim, 47 paladin
Wonderwoman, 22 Shaman
Kowarpoak, 10 warlock
Kiba, 11 hunter
Mazzie, 15 mage
Thirza, 10 rogue...and then some...but I forgot :P
Thorarin

2005-02-23 22:29:01  -  Re: Real site?
I suppose, at some point anyway :)
GM and Webmaster of Tyr's Handful
Thorarin

2005-04-04 12:16:46  -  Re: Real site?
Just so you all know:

I've been working quite a bit on the technical part of a Tyr's Handful website (account management and stuff like that), but it's slow progress so far.

In the meantime, if anyone has any inspiration for a nice graphical layout for the site, I'm open to suggestions. I know my way around Photoshop, but I don't consider myself an artistically creative person :P

So if you have any ideas on that front, or even if you feel like designing an entire website layout, let me know and we may be able to work something out :)
Fayne

2005-04-05 11:53:07  -  Re: Real site?
I learned in school, that when creating a website you got 2 major things to look at. Your creativity and user friendliness.

Lets face it..a site with damn nice looking graphics kick the shit out of lower connections, but not if you make a simple layout for the friendliness.

In this case the old TE site is neutral with graphics, which don´t make you think strange about it. Its simple which makes it easy to navigate and quick to load up on screen.

I dunno what to pick, but both can be accounted for. My idea was mainly a blue layout in some way, maybe the top like on TE site and with borders on a few things in gold. This could be the posting boxes etc.
Pictures...maybe same as TE site with our Embleem/Tabard Icon.
Gharn 60 Rogue ~ Slithice 3x Druid
Sanzor 60 Paladin ~ Thavall 3x Mage
Tilly

2005-04-05 12:07:43  -  Re: Real site?
Fayne wrote:
"Lets face it..a site with damn nice looking graphics kick the shit out of lower connections, but not if you make a simple layout for the friendliness.
"

People without broadband should be shot ;)

Just copy the tiwaz site, alter colours and banner image, done? :P
Thorarin

2005-04-05 22:24:01  -  Re: Real site?
Tilly wrote:
"Just copy the tiwaz site, alter colours and banner image, done? :P"
It isn't that easy, even if I wanted to. The Photoshop sources from the Tiwaz site went to bit-heaven a long time ago in a harddisk failure :/

Doing something with the blue and gold would be nice, but there are a few problems there: blue isn't a great color for readability (imo) and gold is somewhat hard to have it look realistic (for me anyway).

Don't worry about the graphics heaviness, I dislike sites that use unnecessary graphics myself. Sure it looks nice, but it usually just makes it harder to maintain in the end. For a 'hobby' site that usually results in things not getting updated, which makes a site useless :P