Tyr's Handful » Tyr's Handful » Sitting at work

Create Guest Account (account required for posting) Log in
Thread started by Oskorei New Messages  
Oskorei

2005-03-12 07:55:24  -  Sitting at work
Well my work is ok I guess, I work as a concierge at my own school, and my school has 2 buildings. In building one, I can drag a pc down from upstairs and play WoW. In building 2, the building where I am currently at, is nothing else but a brand new eMac. Yuck. It took me half an hour to figure out how to turn the damn thing on. When I finally found the on/off button at the back right-side of the thing, I thought, I deserved to listen to a nice CD after such hard labour. Step 1: opening the cd-rom station. Again, no buttons at the front of this machine, so perhaps also on the back? I wouldn't know, Apple's logic has done stranger things. So I check the back, well, you guessed it, no eject-button. Ok so where to look next? I thought it might be on top of it, a quick look, but nothing there. Then I turned around the machine and checked the bottom. Also no eject-button. After searching for another half and hour I found the eject-button to the cdr-rom drive at the top-right corner of the keyboard. Yay! I can put in my CD now and listen to sweet sweet Venetian Snares. WRONG! FIrst I have to figure out how to play the damn CD. Once I put in the CD, a program popped up, called iTunes. Yay another apple logic program. And indeed it was. There was a series of playlists and options no-one would ever use (like the party-shuffle, some form of a DJ-substitute apparently). Anyways I was trying to figure out where my CD went, or if I had to import it into the program. I checked everywhere but couldn't find where to import the CD, or where i should be listed. So I checked the help (there's a button on a Mac's keyboard with 'help', and so far I think it's the only logical thing on the Mac's keyboard considering apple's logic), so anyway the help button told me to click on the cd name and click play. Yay. Some help, where the fuck is my cd name? And at about 15 minutes later it suddenly popped up amongst the lists of iTunes. Yay I can finally listen to my CD. God bless apple.

Oskorei, 60 druid (Legion)
Fossegrim, 47 paladin
Wonderwoman, 22 Shaman
Kowarpoak, 10 warlock
Kiba, 11 hunter
Mazzie, 15 mage
Thirza, 10 rogue...and then some...but I forgot :P
Fayne

2005-03-14 09:18:07  -  Re: Sitting at work
Yeah, when your used to the old PC types and then suddenly sits infront of a MAC, you go like WTF? :-P

Its pretty annoying how the system is build up..like how the mouse works. Everything seems reverse and to confusing:-/
Gharn 60 Rogue ~ Slithice 3x Druid
Sanzor 60 Paladin ~ Thavall 3x Mage
Oskorei

2005-03-22 08:33:19  -  Re: Sitting at work
Fayne wrote:
"Yeah, when your used to the old PC types and then suddenly sits infront of a MAC, you go like WTF? :-P

Its pretty annoying how the system is build up..like how the mouse works. Everything seems reverse and to confusing:-/"

There's just no sense to it! A schoolteacher of mine, who is a Mac user, later said, you can also open the cd-rom tray, by dragging the cd-rom station icon into the recycle bin...Now that's weird.

Oskorei, 60 druid (Legion)
Fossegrim, 47 paladin
Wonderwoman, 22 Shaman
Kowarpoak, 10 warlock
Kiba, 11 hunter
Mazzie, 15 mage
Thirza, 10 rogue...and then some...but I forgot :P
Fayne

2005-03-22 09:38:42  -  Re: Sitting at work
Rofl..that nakes no sense at all :-P

Stupid Macs ^^
Gharn 60 Rogue ~ Slithice 3x Druid